Saturday, November 1, 2014

November Writing Challenges - Day 1

I’m taking the challenge!
National Nonfiction Writing Month

STATS


  • My project is a compilation and expansion of my posts from this year's "Blogging From A to Z Challenge" on Proverbs 31.
  • My goal is 26,000 words (1,000 for each letter of the alphabet).
  • As of November 1st, I have written 1,011 words, so I am 11 words ahead of schedule.  WOOHOO!


EXCERPT

I found it unusual and sad in a way that a word with such a positive definition brings out such negativity in people. Of all the quotes I could find on altruism, the vast majority had the theme that true altruism does not exist. So I think I will just have to make some up on my own! I’m open to additional quotes and/or affirmations if anyone would like to email or include them in an ongoing list.

~~~oOo~~~


STATS

  • My novel is a cozy mystery with a working title of "All Gallow's Eve".
  • As if November 1st,  I have written 1,809 words out of 50,000 needed to finish this challenge.



EXCERPT

The kitchen. What could she say about the kitchen? It was an old farmhouse kitchen, complete with a wood-burning pot-bellied stove. It could be used for heating, if the electricity went out for days in the winter due to the heavy ice storms that occurred with annoying regularity. She could even cook on it if worse came to worse. Not that she liked to cook very much. There was just her, and getting all fancy in the kitchen for one just wasn’t J.C.’s thing. Most nights it was something from the microwave and maybe some steamed veggies. If there was a church or school staff potluck, she may pull out the cookbook or her grandmother’s recipe box, but that was about the extent of her creativity in the kitchen.

~~~oOo~~~



He stared at the man
The gun shaking in his hand
And said, “Game over.”

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I hope the challenge goes really well :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Olivia! Things have fizzled a little since that day, but my headaches are finally letting up a little so I'm back at the keyboard today! WOOHOO!

      Delete
  2. http://bigdataprofessionals.weebly.com/

    http://bigdataprofessionals.weebly.com/

    http://bigdataprofessionals.weebly.com/
    2e3

    ReplyDelete